PATIENT ACCESS CLERK/SWB OPERATOR - ADMISSIONS
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs work of moderate difficulty under the general supervision of the PFS Director. Responsible for greeting, instructing, directing, and scheduling patients and visitors. Serves as a liaison between the public, and the medical staff and medical support staff. Considered a key Public Relations person. Responsible for answering all incoming calls screening and transferring to proper departments. Pages personnel as needed. This individual will also perform multiple functions of Patient registration.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent required or a combination of experience in lieu of a degree.
• Healthcare or Business training highly desirable.
• A minimum of one-year experience in a Hospital, Clinic, and Doctor's office or with a Health Insurance carrier setting preferred.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
• Some Knowledge of Medical Terminology
• Ability to maintain professional and positive attitude when dealing with customers.
• Strong ability to cope in stressful situations.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and handle high workload volume.
• Ability to perform in a team-oriented environment where flexibility and adaptability are key.
• Ability to take an energetic approach towards process improvement within the department.
• Ability to treat customers and fellow employees with courtesy and respect.
• Knowledge of basic computer skills and ability to use Meditech, LSS, and Microsoft Word.
• Ability to type 35 WPM with no errors.
Additional Information Position Type : Full Time Shift : Other Contact Information
Anna Toledo - Human Resources Specialist/Recruiter
Rehoboth McKinley Christian Health Care Services
1901 Red Rock Drive
Gallup, NM 87301