DIRECTOR OF HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT - HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
This position will maintain hospital medical records and processes requests for release of medical information according to established policies and procedures. Analyze information and prepares appropriate reports. Accurately transcribe medical and departmental documents.
• Bachelor's Degree in Health Information Management
• Relevant education and/or experience may be substituted for one another in accordance with policy.
• A minimum of three years supervisory/management experience in Health Information Management.
• Relevant education and/or experience may be substituted for one another in accordance to policy.
• Requires broad knowledge of healthcare industry, insurance industry, and regulatory standards.
• Hands on management style that can lead, develop, and motivate staff in both the hospital and clinic settings. Ability to recommend and participate in system and process development inside and outside of the HIM Department.
• Proficiency in PC knowledge, computerized health information systems (Meditech), software applications and hardware a must.
• Must be able to interact effectively.
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to prepare technical reports
• AHIMA registration as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)Additional Information Position Type : Full Time Shift : Day Contact Information
Anna Toledo - Human Resources Coordinator
Rehoboth McKinley Christian Health Care Services
1901 Red Rock Drive
Gallup, NM 87301